    SubjectRe: [masq] 1st virus in Linux :( (fwd)
    Date

    > Doesn't doom give up root access once it has io perms to the video
    > hardware, etc.? I would think this would only be a problem if run by
    > root which is just simply a stupid thing to do. Isn't this a case of
    > those that are causual about security get what they deserve?
    >
    > If I am correct, then McAfee should be clearer about the threat because
    > their web page doesn't help Linux at all by suggesting that it is the
    > first Unix that is suseptable to a virus and pointing out that all the
    > Windoze OSes are not vulnerable to it.

    McAfee is in the business of selling antivirus software. All those
    guys have a tendency to exaggerate the threat of viruses (and to
    classify as many security holes as possible as viruses) in order to
    sell tons of software...

    -hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.020 / U:2.476 seconds]