    SubjectRe: linux on nt.
    On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, B. James Phillippe wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Alan Cox wrote:
    >
    > > > i came across a press release that a company (Softway) will be developing a
    > > > unix process for windows nt.
    > >
    > > Someone did this quite a while ago. In theory you could host Linux on top
    > > of NT. Beats me why you'd want to slow Linux down so much however. I've also
    > > no idea how you would persuade our dear friend Bill to give you enough API
    > > info to do it
    >
    > Anyone consider the feasability of running NT as a Linux process?
    > Assuming this wasn't sick and insane and there was adequate documentation,
    > would there be a (unavoidable) technical limitation?

    Just ask Wine development team if they are working for emulating NT too.
    I have looked at the last Wine patch just yersterday and I see they have
    implemented the SIDs, ACLs and ACEs (NTDLL security subsystem).
    May be some day Wine will be able to run NT programs too :)

    Ciao,
    Riccardo.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.020 / U:33.204 seconds]