SubjectRe: /proc fs
Date
> I know that arbitrarily changing /proc/net/dev would break some utilities
> (namely: ifconfig), but it seems to be rather lacking in the statistics
> department as it displays a sum of CRC, frame and other error packets as
> "Frame" errors. It would be nice to have a better breakdown of statistics
> available for a given network device.

Ok: Short term the net stats are no longer ethernet specific and have the
byte counts needed for SMP. Once we have most drivers doing the byte
counting, ie when folks with the cards send me little patches, then I
will add

union
{
struct fddi_stats fddi;
struct atm_stats atm
} media;

to the net_device_stats and a way to request the full stat data

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.052 / U:0.044 seconds]