    SubjectRe: lsof doesn't work without module support?
    In article <19971217104447.51328@hazel>,
    Raul Miller <> wrote:
    >Apparently, lsof doesn't work in a 2.0.32 kernel compiled without
    >support for modules. This seems to mean that if you want to
    >avoid the exploit possibilities of modules you lose the stability
    >advantages of being able to track down, for example, what program
    >is preventing a disk from being unmounted.

    Hmm, lsof should be rewritten to use the proc filesystem. I had a quick
    look at the source but believe me you want to rewrite it from scratch
    for Linux.

    BTW, fuser has a lot of the sme functionality (use `fuser -vm /usr' to
    find out which processes have files open in /usr, for example) and it
    uses the proc file system.

    Miquel van Smoorenburg | Studying to be a technomage <*> | "May you live in interesting times"

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.020 / U:17.652 seconds]