    SubjectRe: "while :; do mkdir;cd mkdir;done"
    On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Guest section DW wrote:
    >
    > >: So why James Mastros had a filesystem panic
    > >: after running the offending script?
    > >
    > >How should I know? You want to cure symptoms instead of bugs?
    > >If it is reproducible, someone should investigate this panic,
    > >and fix whatever is wrong. Having long names is not wrong.

    Oh. Just to mention, one other time I tried this I got no other ill
    effects, and one other time I got a bash-error ("report this to
    bash-maintainers@prep.mit.edu" - btw-that gave me a host not found bounce-if
    anybody wants the error, mail me). I smell a memory scribble here.
    2.1.71-flat.

    -=- James Mastros

    (And one other time, I got un-related messages about holes in a loop-back
    mount.)

    > Andrea[s] Arcangeli

    ---
    When the annals of distributed computing are written, and the name 'Bovine'
    appears in there, I can say "Hey, I was a part of that, I checked .0012% of
    the keyspace".
    -=- Brian Wilson <wilsonb@mindspring.net>
    Go to www.distributed.net before I come make you!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.022 / U:36.248 seconds]