SubjectRe: modutils 2.1.71: Ouch, no kerneld for message 2147418113

> Got me too. Set BSD Unix Domain Sockets in the networking part of
> config.
>
> Make set by default? Change name to Unix Domain Sockets?

I've submitted a patch to Linus that should make the last of these
name changes. Unix Domain Sockets still aren't set to Y by default on all
platforms. If it isn't right in the next kernel release, I'll resubmit
the patch that does that.
I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the speed of
domain sockets? I keep thinking that this is a major slow down for all
local X Windows software. Some tests show that named pipes are about 25%
faster than domain sockets (using both small and large reads and writes).
I understand that named pipes != domain sockets, but it seems like they
should be a bit closer in performance.
Any thoughts?

Bye,
Kirk