SubjectRe: Triton DMA

Hello ALL,

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> Gerard Roudier wrote:
> > Agreed. Normally, even if the NCR chip is locked, the SCSI middle driver
> > should ask the driver to reset the controller when a scsi abort request
> > times out and all should restart. Something went wrong, perhaps at SCSI
> > drivers level (including low-level one), perhaps in some other part of
> > the kernel. Error recovery is very hard to test and it is IMO the
> > weak point of the current Linux SCSI stack.
>
> Well, :-) May I suggest you take off the termination of your bus :-)
> you might get a nice chance to test error recovery within a few
> minutes :-) (*)

For a period of 6 weeks a system I managed had only one end
terminated (passively at that) due to brain freeze, the system
response & errors were negligable at minor to medium load IE:
.5MB/s > 2MB/s . I can even re-acquire the witnesses if needed.

> Roger.
>
> (*) Despite the smileys, I'm half serious.
>
> --
> ** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
> Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a
> 109-car freight train drove over him. According to the police the man was
> drunk. The man himself claims he slipped while walking the dog. 080897

Tia, JimL
| James W. Laferriere - Network Engineer - babydr@nwrain.net |
| System Techniques - 25416 - 22nd S. - Kent, WA 98032 |
| Give me VMS -or- Give me Linux -but- only on AXP |
|-> Linux-Vax Port, Now in Progress !YAY! there's Progress To Report <-|
|-> Please See http://ucnet.canberra.edu.au/~mikal/vaxlinux/home.html <-|
|-> Maintainer: Michael Still mikal@blitzen.canberra.edu.au <-|

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:1.195 / U:0.556 seconds]