SubjectRe: 2.0.32: hard lockups with adaptec 2940U

On 27-Nov-97 Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
>Tried the patch on the PPro machine today. The problem seems to be gone.
>We did sort of a heavy duty test on the machine, like simultaneously
>copying files from a CDROM, recording a CDR and scanning pictures with
>XVscan.
>
>I'll try the patch on the second P166 tonight and if it behaves well I'd
>really like to see this patch to be included into the official driver
>for future versions of the kernel.
>
>Well done, indeed.

Thank you for the praise, but I'll be cautious and say let's wait a little
while longer before we pronounce things fixed :) Those mysterious lockups
can be tricky at best to track down sometimes, and I would hate to have
people think this will fix all their ails when it might or might not, we
simply don't know yet (not unless you have a gauranteed way to lock the
machine up and it passes this test with the patch).

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Date: 27-Nov-97
Time: 15:17:19

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.064 / U:0.080 seconds]