    SubjectRe: 2.1.65 oops
    Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
    > I got a series of oopses. It started in Netscape, and started hitting
    > more and more programs until it got init...
    >
    > I do have the vhand 2.1.65b patch installed; I don't know if that could
    > have an effect.
    >
    > Here's some useful stuff - there's a definite theme there...

    Hi Jeremy,

    I've seen a number of oops reports similar to this, and it appears that
    something is freeing a dentry or inode when it's still in use. Then the
    next call that finds the dentry on a list, typically select_dcache or
    do_follow_link, gets a trash pointer and oopses.

    I haven't been able to see a common cause to focus a search for the
    problem, but things to look for would be an extra dput() or iput() when
    there's a remaining reference to the dentry or inode.

    Regards,
    Bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.020 / U:89.964 seconds]