SubjectRe: patch for 2.1.65 smbfs
Gordon Chaffee wrote:
> OK, I didn't understand what you meant by this before. I thought you
> meant turn on debugging in the samba server. Just to make sure I'm
> understanding this correctly, smbclient handles the reconnect instead
> of being handled in the kernel as it did in 2.0.x. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. After you mount from the smbclient command line,
there's a process that sticks around to manage the network connections
for smbfs. When a connection drops (quite a frequent occurrence), smbfs
signals the pid and then waits. I put in the timeout so smbfs wouldn't
sit forever holding the server semaphore, but I've never seen the "timed
out" message you're getting.

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.060 / U:0.072 seconds]