SubjectRe: patch for 2.1.65 smbfs
Bill Hawes writes:
> Smbfs uses samba to get its network connection, so I though maybe the
> Linux-side samba software could show what's going on. When you drop a
> connection, a samba process gets a signal and is supposed to open a new
> network socket and call a smbfs ioctl. This should happen immediately,
> but for some reason doesn't on your system. I'd like to find out whether
> the samba process is still responding, and why it fails to get a new
> socket.

OK, I didn't understand what you meant by this before. I thought you
meant turn on debugging in the samba server. Just to make sure I'm
understanding this correctly, smbclient handles the reconnect instead
of being handled in the kernel as it did in 2.0.x. Is this correct?

- Gordon

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.042 / U:0.864 seconds]