    SubjectRe: Linux Stability & cold.system
    > > That's why the implementors are usually no good testers for their own
    > > stuff. They don't want to see it break.

    Alan Cox:
    > The real reason is much more fundamental than that. Implementors generally
    > do test code but they tend to have included in the code all the checks for
    > things that they thought might be unusual and break it. Those they didnt think
    > of in the code they wont normally think of in the testing

    Certainly. But whatever the exact reason is, there's really a need for
    a ingeniously devilish test. And I use it as kind of an excuse for me
    that the affs is so lousy in many respects. ;-)

    Hans-Joachim Widmaier

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.021 / U:0.284 seconds]