    SubjectRe: Linux Stability & cold.system
    tytso@mit.edu wrote:
    > I agree that a good test suite for testing generic filesystem
    > implementation is sorely needed. Anyone looking for a good project
    > which doesn't require much in the way of kernel internals? It would be
    > great way to get someone who's interested in getting more deeply
    > involved with the kernel started....

    I'd like to second Ted's call for a good fs test suite. This would help
    greatly in eliminating obscure fs bugs, and would guard against
    accidental breakage when things are changed in the kernel. We really
    need a more formalized set of testing procedures, and running an
    expanding set of test suites would be a good start.

    This would be an excellent project for someone looking for a way to help
    improve the kernel.

    Regards,
    Bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.020 / U:4.508 seconds]