SubjectRe: Linux Stability & cold.system
tytso@mit.edu wrote:
> I agree that a good test suite for testing generic filesystem
> implementation is sorely needed. Anyone looking for a good project
> which doesn't require much in the way of kernel internals? It would be
> great way to get someone who's interested in getting more deeply
> involved with the kernel started....

I'd like to second Ted's call for a good fs test suite. This would help
greatly in eliminating obscure fs bugs, and would guard against
accidental breakage when things are changed in the kernel. We really
need a more formalized set of testing procedures, and running an
expanding set of test suites would be a good start.

This would be an excellent project for someone looking for a way to help
improve the kernel.

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.309 / U:0.016 seconds]