SubjectRe: Linux Stability & cold.system
>I've been (unofficially, of course) collecting stress scripts since a
>similar thread back in September. I'm hoping to put together a
>package of them around Christmastime for everyone's enjoyment.
>Naturally, I'm looking for additional suggestions from everyone on the
>list; what are the "killer scripts" and other killer workload
>generators you use to torture those "small, fuzzy kernels"? ;-)

I have found that Byte Unix Benchmark causes oopses and other kernel faults
the most easily; the second problem source is make zImage or some other
bigger compilation (though I traced that it was bad BIOS settings that
made my kernel to fault, but this doesn't obsolete the fact that BUB
reveals easily problems).

| Tuukka Toivonen <>
| Homepage:
| Try also finger -l
| Studying information engineering at the University of Oulu

 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.071 / U:1.624 seconds]