    SubjectRe: Linux Stability & cold.system
    >I've been (unofficially, of course) collecting stress scripts since a
    >similar thread back in September. I'm hoping to put together a
    >package of them around Christmastime for everyone's enjoyment.
    >Naturally, I'm looking for additional suggestions from everyone on the
    >list; what are the "killer scripts" and other killer workload
    >generators you use to torture those "small, fuzzy kernels"? ;-)

    I have found that Byte Unix Benchmark causes oopses and other kernel faults
    the most easily; the second problem source is make zImage or some other
    bigger compilation (though I traced that it was bad BIOS settings that
    made my kernel to fault, but this doesn't obsolete the fact that BUB
    reveals easily problems).

    | Tuukka Toivonen <>
    | Homepage:
    | Try also finger -l
    | Studying information engineering at the University of Oulu

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.020 / U:31.080 seconds]