    SubjectRe: core dumps from multi-threaded (kernel cloned) processes
    I have a patch for 2.0.32 that creates a multithreaded core dump
    (when a multithreaded process dies). I also have patches for gdb-4.16
    to allow it to read it. *However* I only have this implemented for
    i386, and I need someone who understands the other architectures to
    implement the following function:

    void get_pt_regs_for_task(struct pt_regs *regs,
    struct task_struct *task)

    i.e. a function that fills out a pt_regs structure for a random
    task (which is not the current task). This is pretty easy for
    the i386... (since it is already on the stack)

    Thanks,
    Philip

    --
    Philip Gladstone +1 617 487 7700
    Raptor Systems, Waltham, MA http://www.raptor.com/
    Our new daughter: http://www.mwmc.com/Extweb/Cybernursery/17423662.htm

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.022 / U:1.912 seconds]