SubjectRe: [k]nfsd, nfs and security questions
Date
> 1. did someone test Enskip with latest 2.1 kernels?

It is very unlikely to work right now

> 3. does the knsf work (well, almost well) with secure IP schemes like the
> ones in SKIP or in IPsec?

Assuming they are properly implemented the socket layers know nothing about
them.

> 4. is it possible, when using the kernel server, to have its packets
> redirected to some local IP port, to have them reencapsulated by some
> (user space) daemon like sshd?

You can do that anyway by various tricks. Things like CIPE tunnels work
fine for NFS

> 5. while we all know that secure RPC is a misnomer, since the only secure
> part is the host authentication, and all of the data runs over the wire
> as cleartext, what is the exact status of the Sec. RPC kernel support?

Alexey Kutznetsov did a really secure RPC using MD5, I dont know what the
current state of that is. Given that Elliptic curve appears patent free
and diffie hellman has expired there is good scope for military spec
secure RPC now.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.046 / U:0.252 seconds]