SubjectRe: Progress on knfsd
> What was happening is that I had inadvertently left a symlink in my
> exported nfs directory, which pointed back to another partition. Knfsd
> was then following the symlink and exporting an additional partition,
> and since it's just using the inode number as a fileid (not a
> pseudo-inode), there were lots of inode aliases. Once I removed the
> symlink the problems disappeared.

There seem to be two things wrong. First, knfsd should not follow symlinks:
symlinks are followed on the client. Second, it is completely acceptable
if an individual export only exports a single file system (i.e. device).
This is what everybody else does, only on Linux, an export for the root
file system also exports all mounted file systems.

Regards,
Martin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.063 / U:0.044 seconds]