SubjectRe: Linux on Merced
Date
> > I would dare to guess that Intel or hp has alredy internally ported GCC to
> > the IA64..
> It's very unlikely that HP will want to make their version of gcc and
> not release it because:

> 1. It will violate GPL.

Not if they dont give it to anyone at all. Also if you follow the gcc lists
some hp guys where asking about gcc issues... ;).

Try and also see things from Intel's point of view a little. The secrecy around
new chips is normal. Imagine what would happen if AMD got a copy of the Merced
specification and released a clone before Intel released the original..

Also in Merced is similar to HPPA we have a code basis

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.250 / U:0.072 seconds]