SubjectRe: Solaris

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Edward Welbon wrote:

> Is there some way to run solaris binaries on linux? I need to run lotus
> notes, there is a solaris port but no longer a port for SCO unix. The
> single user solaris is about $450 and is out of the question (you don't
> want to know how much the SMP server version costs).
>
> Ed Welbon - welbon@bga.com
> there is no answer i could give that would tell you why.

With iBCS we should be able to run solaris binaries. But this requires
new personality to iBCS and runtime libraries from solaris or libraries
compatible with solaris. I too would like to use Notes on linux but
haven't been able to find time to do anything about it. I heard rumour
that Lotus has Linux version for internal use. Maybe Caldera or
some other linux distributor could convince Lotus/IBM to release linux
version of Notes. Shouldn't be too hard to port it from solaris to linux.

--
Juhani Rautiainen jrauti@iki.fi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.049 / U:0.036 seconds]