SubjectRe: Ugh in 2.1.60

look people. it aint that hard to figure out how many CPUs you
have in your machine and configure the kernel accordingly. If you are
compiling kernels, you should at least be able to modify a makefile else
you have absolutely no business doing it.

nuff said.

--Jauder

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, linux kernel account wrote:

> I think that, either a SMP kernel should work okay on non-smp, or it
> shouldn't work at all.. Most people would prefer a 'Use the right kernel
> bonehead' message to strange problems.. So there should either be a
> commitment to make SMP kernels work on UP systems, or it should just halt
> nicely at boot (or maby pause boot and tell you that you are bad)..
>
> On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Phil Brutsche wrote:
>
> > Quick question:
> >
> > Why are you using a SMP-enabled kernel on a uniprocessor system? In my
> > view, that would be the source of the message.
> >
> > On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, tenthumbs wrote:
> >
> > > I'm running a 2.1.60 SMP kernel on a single-processor machine and I'm getting
> > > the occasional message:
> > >
> > > Oct 28 19:18:10 perfect kernel: Ugh at c0110758
> > >
> > > which seems to be in do_page_fault. Doesn't seem to have any bad effect.
> > > Should I be concerned?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

> > Phil Brutsche
> >
> > "Be of stout heart, Number One. We've handled the Borg. We can
> > certainly handle Admiral Jellico." - Jean-Luc Picard

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The Entire Physical Universe, Including
This Product, May One Day Collapse Back Into an Infinitesimally Small
Space. Should Another Universe Subsequently and Spontaneously Re-Emerge,
the Existence of This Message in That Universe Cannot be Guaranteed.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:2.592 / U:0.188 seconds]