SubjectRe: Linux (free s/w) support
On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Marty Leisner wrote:

> > the guarantee of some sort of support service which management need. ie.
> > they can yell at someone else and get a head kicked if nothing happens.
> > Who's going to do that for Linux ?

> How much are you paying for support? I've never seen problems
> fixed promptly unless its a problem for lots of poeple.

> With free software, you can hire someone to fix the problem, or fix
> it yourself. You don't get that from a commercial vendor of proprietary
> software.

And you can also hire people to yell at.

If you are going to hire someone you have to know where you can
find people that can and have time to solve linux problems.
One could do a database or mailing-list for linux-people-to-hire to
help to find able linux coders.

-mikko

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.134 / U:0.756 seconds]