    SubjectRe: Process Migration on Linux - Impossible?

    On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, linux kernel account wrote:

    > You want to look at beowolf and dipc. (beowolf is linux clustering; They
    > have a kernel that shares a single process number space. Dipc does shared
    > memory across computers).. Basically you'll want to make beowolf setup and
    > add process migration..

    I looked up Beowolf, it seems it would be nice on a fast network (Multiple
    ppros and 100 megabit ethernet)...

    But lets face it, that is too expensive; for most. I am admining six
    linux boes (the most powerful a 486 dx50 with 16 megs of ram) on a 10
    megabit ethernet serving 300+ computers an 1,000 + users

    Beowolf is what we need to help our average load of 2.0+ to become around
    1.4 atleast...

    Is there a port for not so powerful server == what will the load be if
    installed on my lil' network? and where can I find dipc?

    Jon Torrez, LBJ High School Sr. Admin
    jon@gods.oftheinter.net
    jon@stac.org
    http://www.stac.org \/ http://www.lbjhs.austin.isd.tenet.edu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.018 / U:0.348 seconds]