    Subjectencrypted loop filesystem
    Where are the encrypted loop filesystem patches for Linux? I'm running

    Some time ago I found a loop-9*.gz kernel patch (can't remember exactly the
    filename), but it didn't work against 2.0.0. I wasn't going to upgrade my
    kernel so I deleted the patch. Surprisingly I then patched my kernel up to
    2.0.30, and I thought that perhaps it would work now.

    The problem is just that i can't found the patch anymore ANYWHERE! I
    checked Linux Mama, LinuxHQ, and several search engines (both general and
    Linux specific). Only thing what I remember is that the patch filename was
    loop-9*.gz and it has site somewhere in Canada.

    I found a DES encrypted filesystem, but I wouldn't want to use it,
    because it didn't use loop device but instead added several new commands.
    And DES is slow.

    And then, is someone actually using the loop-9 patch? Does it work well?
    Does it patch against 2.0.30?

    | Tuukka Toivonen <>
    | Homepage:
    | Try also finger -l
    | Studying information engineering at the University of Oulu

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.017 / U:120.416 seconds]