SubjectRe: mcd-driver and joliet

Erik Andersen writes:
>Certainly one of
>them should be eliminated, and mcdx seems to be cleaner and more
>featureful (I have carefully read both drivers (I wish I knew where the
>spec for the Mitsumi is hiding)).
>I suppose that if noone can think of a good reason to keep the old mcd
>driver around, I could completely drop it from the kernel as part of my
>CD-ROM update for the 2.1.x kernel.

Unfortunately, and I do mean unfortunately, there are drives that don't
work with the mcd driver, and drives that don't work with the mcdx
driver. Not all Mitsumi drives are created equal, it seems. I have
not discovered any relationship with whether the drives are single or
double speed, either.

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz