SubjectRe: Mono monitor support?
On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Dave Wreski wrote:

> > I am running 2.0.30 with a herc card and monitor. Stock!!
> > works just fine.
>
> Can you run getty on it, and switch control to the mono monitor, or do you
> use it simply to redirect output to it?

Maybe I do not understand the question. I am running a Herc card and monitor
as the _only_ monitor. I have a system that does a bunch of automagic things
for some win95 machines. The people who use the win95 machines wouldn't
know what to do with a linux machine if it told them what to do. I had the
mono monitor laying around and just put it in. I did not even install the
X stuff (although if I figure out how to use win95 as an X term I might play
around). Just a thought can the serial console patches be used for this?
I would think if you can use them to redirect to a serial port why not a
different device. Although what is the device for a 2nd monitor? Come to
think of it I think there is a Howto or Mini-Howto for multiple monitors,
maybe that would help.
Hope this helps.
Sorry for the confusion.

......Tom "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
tdiehl@pil.net for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans