    SubjectRe: Mono monitor support?
    On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Dave Wreski wrote:

    > > I am running 2.0.30 with a herc card and monitor. Stock!!
    > > works just fine.
    > Can you run getty on it, and switch control to the mono monitor, or do you
    > use it simply to redirect output to it?

    Maybe I do not understand the question. I am running a Herc card and monitor
    as the _only_ monitor. I have a system that does a bunch of automagic things
    for some win95 machines. The people who use the win95 machines wouldn't
    know what to do with a linux machine if it told them what to do. I had the
    mono monitor laying around and just put it in. I did not even install the
    X stuff (although if I figure out how to use win95 as an X term I might play
    around). Just a thought can the serial console patches be used for this?
    I would think if you can use them to redirect to a serial port why not a
    different device. Although what is the device for a 2nd monitor? Come to
    think of it I think there is a Howto or Mini-Howto for multiple monitors,
    maybe that would help.

    Hope this helps.
    Sorry for the confusion.

    ......Tom "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

    Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:7.488 seconds]