    SubjectRe: Mono monitor support?
    On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Dave Wreski wrote:

    > > I am running 2.0.30 with a herc card and monitor. Stock!!
    > > works just fine.
    >
    > Can you run getty on it, and switch control to the mono monitor, or do you
    > use it simply to redirect output to it?

    Maybe I do not understand the question. I am running a Herc card and monitor
    as the _only_ monitor. I have a system that does a bunch of automagic things
    for some win95 machines. The people who use the win95 machines wouldn't
    know what to do with a linux machine if it told them what to do. I had the
    mono monitor laying around and just put it in. I did not even install the
    X stuff (although if I figure out how to use win95 as an X term I might play
    around). Just a thought can the serial console patches be used for this?
    I would think if you can use them to redirect to a serial port why not a
    different device. Although what is the device for a 2nd monitor? Come to
    think of it I think there is a Howto or Mini-Howto for multiple monitors,
    maybe that would help.

    Hope this helps.
    Sorry for the confusion.

    ......Tom "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
    tdiehl@pil.net for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

    Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:29.440 seconds]