SubjectRe: nfs client. Error 111 on mount. ACK!
Wellll...
I thought all was well. True, moving the script that mounts remote
filesystems _after_ the portmapper started was good; it did away with
those pesky startup errors.

However, it also introduces a new error: system load average heads to
1.00 and stays there. It seems to be that a process called "lockd" (0
resident pages, 0% CPU) is the cause of the high load. It only appears
on ps if I reorder the startups as described.

I've moved back to the old way. A pause-and-error-sequence at startup is
far more palatable than a constantly high load average...

Regards,
Chris
--
Christopher Powell Brick and Ivy Corporate Consulting
powell@brickandivy.com http://www.brickandivy.com/

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans