    SubjectRe: Linux (free s/w) support
    > In ka.lists.linux.kernel, James Mastros wrote:

    > >> btw, I've yet to come across a kernel which required me to live with
    > >> "factory defaults".

    > >Umm... Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 3.1x, Soloris, SunOS, HP-UX, and any
    > >other kernel that dosn't come with source.

    > On HP-UX at least, you can relink your kerenel to suit you, without
    > necessarily getting the source. That's what their bundled C compiler
    > (the K&R, braindead one) is for.

    That's also true with SunOS as well. Solaris largely autoconfigures
    but there are some tunable files as well. Booting the Solaris kernel
    with -r (for rebuild) causes him to reprobe all the hardware and reconfigure
    his devices and reread any of the configuration files they use.

    > --
    > Thomas Koenig,, ig25@dkauni2.bitnet.
    > The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double
    > logarithmic diagram.

    Michael H. Warfield | (770) 985-6132 |
    (The Mad Wizard) | (770) 925-8248 |
    PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471 | possible worlds. A pessimist is sure of it!

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.027 / U:0.668 seconds]