SubjectRe: Linux (free s/w) support

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Darren Reed wrote:

> In some mail I received from Norbert Veber, sie wrote
> [...]
> > I'm really getting sick of this shit, if you prefer sun over linux, go use
> > it, get the fuck off this mailing list and stop bothering us.
>
> Now now, no need to get so testy. But it is nice to see someone provide me
> with a good reason about why email support from random and unknown people
> isn't so tasty all the time :-) I'll have to remember that though: be
> careful when sending email to linux-kernel as some people may just tell
> you to "fuck off".

Well in case you haven't read the information about this mailing list, it
is for kernel development only, not operating system debates. Which means
that even my post is off topic. I really think you should keep this off
of this list, and move it to perhaps comp.os.linux.advocacy.

> Thing is, I use Solaris as well as Linux as well as *BSD as well as SunOS.
>
> I'm just not so awed with Linux to think it's the best thing since sliced
> bread as a lot of other people here seem to be. To me, it's just another
> operating system which has bugs and more useless features (to me) every day.
>
> Darren

You are not awed with it.. that is great, I never get into these
types of conversations anyways, because everyone has their own oppinion,
and nothing you or anyone can say is likely to change that opinion. This
is the same as trying to convince a windows user to switch to unix..

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.074 / U:0.352 seconds]