    SubjectRe: Linux (free s/w) support
    Hi!

    I have read all this discussion about linux vs. "the rest of the world".

    Why not to say: "One, who wants this or that can take it, its out there,
    you can pay for it, you can even pay more, by getting less, you will get
    phone-lines
    for blaming people, who will not help and/or urge you to proof, that the fault
    is in their software (WATCH THAT MANY "MADE FOR XYZ"-STICKERS ON ALL THAT
    EQUIPMENT!" If one wants that: TAKE IT! IT DOES EXIST!

    And if one wants to live with an operating system, that many people
    on the net have taken responsibility for (and it _must_ be
    responsibility -- otherwise we haven't got THAT FAR!!!) and can be asked
    for a helping hand (not for blaming reasons!), TAKE IT NOW! Share the
    responsibility, give ideas, participate, spread, look for, find, make your
    research, learn, innovate don't imitate!

    I think, one big difference is: One can made others responsible for
    something OR she can take part in the process, taken his own
    responsibility -- no one urges you to be a "kernel hacker in five minutes -
    my new own module in ten..." -- even a good failure report will help!

    BUT: After all, it is YOUR choice!

    I have take my choice -- and I wish my company have had taken
    the same.......

    KEEP HACKING!
    meino

    E-Mail: Meino Christian Cramer <root@solfire.ludwigsburg.netsurf.de>
    Date: 01-Oct-97
    Time: 06:57:53

    This message was sent by XFMail

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:2.396 seconds]