SubjectRe: How to increat [sic.] max open files?
On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, James L. McGill wrote:

> > If you are using ip-based vhosts then you can use BindAddress to bind to
> > specific IPs, at the cost of 1 fd per vhost. This would allow you to run
> > multiple httpd parents on the same machine.
>
> Good grief, it works. Thank you. You have saved me a great
> deal of effort. It is no longer crucial to increase the number
> of FD's.

I'm still playing with the httpd.conf trying to get it working properly.
It looks as though the way to do it is to not use BindAddress, but instead
use Listen address:80 to specify each address you want the server to
listen on.

I suspect the same sort of trick would work for ircd as well. Just run
multiple ircd's that listen to a single address, have them all connect to
the first ircd process, and setup them up as a round robin DNS.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.446 / U:0.020 seconds]