    SubjectRe: Suggestion for Linux 2.3
    Date

    "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu> wrote:
    >The filesystem will (ideally) not have to know this has happened. It
    >will just be the same sized filesystem, but the partition itself will
    >have new logical disk blocks it just isn't using.
    >
    >Then you can add hacks the filesystem specific code to allow for
    >growing a filesystem like AIX does, after the above partition
    >extending has been implemented.
    >
    >These are all non-trivial hacks.

    which is why I don't think I'd be able to do the job :) Seriously, though,
    Digital's approach seems to be to create a directory, /etc/fdmns/, which
    in turn has subdirectories - eg, home_domain, root_domain, etc. - holding
    symlinks to the partitions (/dev/rz0f, /dev/rz1f, etc.) contained within
    the domain. 'Twould be interesting, but yes, the time would probably be
    better spent (for the moment) on ext2.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.019 / U:2.168 seconds]