    SubjectRe: A couple "normal user" questions..
    > ip_forwarding is turned 'off' as default.. if you configure in 'IP_FORWARDING',
    > shouldn't this probably be turned 'on' as default?

    IP_FORWARDING the define is gone in my current patches. It should also
    default to off (RFC1122)

    > /proc/config
    > This would be simply the .config that was used in compilation of the kernel.
    > I'm sure a lot of people have kernels lying around and they don't know what
    > they compiled into it, and didn't keep the related .config around either. The
    > reason I think it should be a /proc option is that it would be an easy reminder
    > and a small portion of code.

    I don't want 8K of my kernel wasted because I can't remember to save config
    files. For vendors they can ship configs with the kernel. One thing slackware
    did get right is providing config and files for the default

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.016 / U:23.884 seconds]