    SubjectRe: bzdisk boot failure
    On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, A Guy called Tyketto wrote:

    > > I compiled 2.0.27 with 'make bzdisk'. The compilation was successful, but
    > > when I tried to boot with the floppy, I got

    > > Followed by a repeating series of:
    > >
    > > 1010
    > > AX:0212
    > > BX:3400
    > > CX:0001
    > > DX:0000.
    > >
    > > The first one or two of these had different numbers, but after that they
    > > repeated as above.
    > >
    > > Using the bzImage file produced by the compilation with loadlin resulted
    > > in a successful boot.
    > >
    > > Is bzdisk broken somehow, or is there something I need to do? I only make
    > > the disks for use in case of problems.
    >
    > First thing that I would assume, is that you're using a 720K disk to
    > load your kernel off of. I believe Linus stated back around the 1.3.70 stage
    > that low denisity disks will no longer work, no matter if you're using bzdisk
    > or zdisk. you will have to use a high density disk, loadlin, or LILO. Try
    > remaking bzdisk with a HD disk, and you should be fine..

    Nope, it's a 1.44 HD. The file is ~420K. What file type is the boot
    disk? It won't mount as ext2 or any of the other types I have defined.

    Bob

    ----
    Bob Nielsen Internet: nielsen@primenet.com
    Tucson, AZ AMPRnet: w6swe@w6swe.ampr.org
    AX.25: w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam
    http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.032 / U:90.752 seconds]