    SubjectRe: 2.1.22 name space analysis
    Date
    > Perhaps it's time for a bug fix freeze.  Get the existing code to
    > compile clean and run, together with clean modutils and pcmcia before
    > rewriting more sections of the kernel.

    Not a good idea for the net code as their are some chunks ahead that will
    cause small changes but large scale noise.

    I'd like to get the modules stuff right. It is close and once I have that
    I can compile every driver again easily and test quite a few. For the
    net code I'm working from the bottom up cleaning and commenting code and
    documenting bugs and flaws (see the FIXME: entries), other folk (Pedro,
    Alexey etc) are working on the internals of the IP stacks. IPv4 is now
    at the stage its pretty much sane and with the newest tcp patches from
    Pedro is maybe not 100% but is solid enough for real testing.

    I hope to have the device interface, appletalk and probably ipx stacks
    completely cleaned up over the next couple of months then attack AF_UNIX
    sockets.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.016 / U:124.956 seconds]