SubjectLittle Lance Patch & Cyrix P150+
Tekno Soft Snc wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a little patch for the lance cards. The patch
> generate a better code for the lance interrupt routine.

Question for you: do you know any reason why lance32 PCI (AMD 79C970)
cards might generate thousands of "Bus master arbitration failure"
messages, specifically when the suspend halt of a cyrix processor is
enabled? I have this problem. So far my solution has been to disable
suspend halt. I've exchanged the card, with no change in symptom. It
even gives 5 to 10 errors per day with suspend halt disabled.
I use a triton motherboard with bus mastering. If I disable bus master
in the kernel, I still get this error when the Cyrix suspend halt is
enabled.

To work around my problem I patched Byron Faber's patches to add an
option to disable/enable the suspend halt feature. My CPU is 1Rev6 and
the VSPM feature causes the boot to lock up and a hard reset is the only
way out. My bios is Award, dated 06/02/96

Can anyone shed light on this issue? I have tried turning on APM in bios
and that made X stop working, as well as not helping my problem. .
(Specifically the screen would go blank and the only way out was
ctrl-alt-bksp).

--
Jay Thorne, mailto:jay@result.com http://net.result.com
the Net Result System Services

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.036 / U:2.800 seconds]