SubjectRe: Pageable memory from kernel-mode?
Date
> I just looked around in the kernel for ways to allocate pageable memory in
> kernel space. Is this possible? I know this should be a bit more difficult
> to use, because processes might sleep any time accessing the memory, but I
> need lots of memory with no strict timing in kernel mode, so paging would
> not be a problem for this application.

Its not currently possible. We have two services which effectively do this
by communicating with a back end user space program and keeping a cache of
results (mrouted for multicast routing, and arpd for ARP on very big switched
networks).

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:1.658 / U:0.000 seconds]