    SubjectRe: booting Linux from a dos box in win3.1
    0xdeadbeef wrote:
    > okay, this is a touch offtopic for this list, but if anybody knows how to
    > do the following they're probably on the list. basically, i need to know
    > if it's at all possible to boot Linux from a Windows 3.1 DOS box without
    > exiting Windows. if there's something that's alpha-test of

    > Thanks in advance for any info. I realize that this is a bit offtopic,
    > but if it doesn't exist i'm going to try to write it.
    > Simon Karpen

    I have seen many setup programs for Windows do something very
    similar -- ie. exit windows briefly to perform some dos command. What
    you really need for this is a Windows compiler and a full API reference
    for windows. I'm certain there's an API function in there just for
    this task. I would post an example, but my API reference is at work
    right now. -- maybe I can do it tomorrow.

    FAQ Suggestions:
    Q: I upgraded without reading release notes, now my system's broke -
    A: What the @!#* did you expect?
    (this assumes that someone reads the faq, of course ;)

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.018 / U:0.080 seconds]