SubjectFixed unfsd release [was: nfsroot Bus error, comm.errro]
In article <m0v37vz-000130C@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl> you wrote:
: However, sometimes (this seems to happen more often when there
: is something going on on the network) a random programme started
: on a system using an nfsroot filesystem will abort with a
: "bus error", or signal 7. When restarting the programme it usualy
: runs succesfully.

To those concerned: it turned out that this was a fairly old bug in
unfsd's file handle cache. A fixed version (2.2beta23) is now available
from ftp://ftp.mathematik.th-darmstadt.de:/pub/linux/okir . It should
also fix some netgroup problems people have reported.

If people who have been seeing the above problems could please try it
and tell me whether it works as expected. If it does, I'll finally
release it as 2.3.

Cheers
Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch | In those days, the future used to be better, too.
okir@monad.swb.de | Karl Valentin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.037 / U:0.428 seconds]