SubjectRe: Money (was Re: test version of 2.1.0 available (fwd)) (fwd)

> > At this point I feel it incumbent upon me to speak up and help bring the
> > "unwanted voluntary contributions" conundrum to a close. I being the one
> > who started the whole thing. Statement follows:
>
> I don't know how it started, but isn't this 'money' thing making Linus
> one of the ordinary people? like may be bill 'the businessman' gates?
> Linus isn't doing it for money. By bringing in money in this, you'r all
> making Linus an ordinary person.
>
> This mail is not intended to be offensive to anyone particular, I'm new
> in this list, so I thought I'd express my opinion.
>
> Bye..
> ---
> M Shariful Anam <shuman@kaifnet.com>
> System Administrator
> Kaifnet Services -- Bangladesh

I'll try to bring this issue to a close.
My initial response (which stated this thoughtful discussion of
reimbursments to linux developers) was ment as a joke to Linus's
remark in his 2.1 announcement (which again was a joke).
Of course I think that Linus deserves financial reimbursment -
but he should make his own terms (or we should maybe just surprise
him with a trip to Disneyland :) ). The Idea about Usenix is great -
if only I could afford the fees to get there. Btw. - Linux will you be
at UNIX expo?
Another Idea might be to send him books or other items that might not be
heavily taxed - but again Linus should have his word on that. So
these are my thoughts - remember though - the whole thing statred as
a humoristic comment.

--
...Marko

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.031 / U:0.144 seconds]