    SubjectRe: Solution: Modules under 2.1.0
    In, article <>,
    "Hoyer, Harald" <> writes:
    > After 3 hours of lookin around what is wrong with insmod ... here is my
    > small solution. Insmod is backward-compatible. I changed the
    > parameterlist for sys_create_module because an unsigned long > MAX_INT is
    > treated as en error for libc or whoever. SO it's a bad idea to take the

    But that's a generic problem which affects some of other kernel functions
    too (mmap(), brk(), ...). Adding another parameter to create_module() might
    work for create_module(), but not for the others.

    Besides, you now vane effectively created a new system call. For backwards
    compatibility, that system call needs a new number, IMHO.

    There's another patch which counts only negative numbers from -1 to -4095
    as errors; I think that's preferable, and we can live without being able to
    access the last page if somebody ever runs Linux with 1 GByte of main

    Harry's bar has a new cocktail. It's called MRS punch. They make it with
    milk, rum and sugar and it's wonderful. The milk is for vitality and the
    sugar is for pep. They put in the rum so that people will know what to do
    with all that pep and vitality.
    Matthias Urlichs \ noris network GmbH / Xlink-POP Nürnberg
    Schleiermacherstraße 12 \ Linux+Internet / EMail:
    90491 Nürnberg (Germany) \ Consulting+Programming+Networking+etc'ing
    PGP: 1024/4F578875 1B 89 E2 1C 43 EA 80 44 15 D2 29 CF C6 C7 E0 DE
    Click <A HREF="">here</A>. 42

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.021 / U:7.720 seconds]