    SubjectRe: Money (was Re: test version of 2.1.0 available (fwd))
    On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > I _really_ don't want money. You wouldn't believe how frustrating it is with
    > personal cheques from the US - in the best case it costs on the order of
    > $10-20 USD just to get them cached (*), and that's after arguing about it
    > with the bank tellers for 10 minutes.
    >
    > As to the person who suggested beer - oh Gods. The Finnish customs people are
    > all ex-Nazis, and they've gotten a lot grumpier since their austere leader
    > shot his brains out. They have a bad day EVERY DAY. Their only joy in life is
    > to confiscate alcohol from abroad.

    So I've heard. Will you settle for a "Linus is king!" and an honest
    offer for a good meal with good beer if you ever make it this way?

    Other than that, all I can offer you (and all the developers) is a
    great deal of thanks for a great operating system.

    jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:4.171 / U:0.316 seconds]