SubjectRe: [off-topic] unsolited mailings...

Alexandre Maret <amaret@infomaniak.ch> wrote:

>2) a suggestion :
>
> we could require use of pgp and send only encrypted mail
> to subscribers. We would produce a message
> readable by everyone on the list (possible with pgp...
> dunno how much time it would take to encrypt a 4kB
> mail for ... 1000 recipients (realistic?))
>
> we could also require all incoming mails to be signed,
> and use some kind of trusted key server... ran by linux's
> fans

Nice idea, but completely impractical, since a lot of people read the
linux mailing lists from work. Many companies have a policy of not
allowing external software (and PGP falls into this category) to be
loaded onto the corporate network, so you'd be preventing a large
number of people from reading the lists altogether :-(

Tet

--
``If I finish my chores, and you finish thine, then tonight we're gonna
party like it's 1699'' - "Amish Paradise" by Wierd Al Yankovic

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.041 / U:0.604 seconds]