SubjectRe: more on AHA-2940UW vs. MSDOS file system
  Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 00:11:37 +0000 (GMT)
From: Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>

In my opinion, the damned firmware implementors who decide to return QUEUE
FULL with ONE tagged command queued did not care about adapter and
drivers problems.

Agreed.

In my opinion, a _normal_ scsi disk should allow a well known maximum of
tagged command queued (16 is a quite good value) and should return QUEUE
FULL only if one try to queue more commands.

Agreed, except that I'd prefer to see higher queue depths supported.

Regardless it conforms to scsi-2 or not, I consider that a disk with a
2MB cache that returns QUEUE FULL for 1 queued command is stupidly BUGGY.

Unfortunately, there are lots of SCSI devices out there that are "broken" in
one way or another. Wherever possible, host adapter firmware or drivers must
do their best to deal with the problems as best they can.

Leonard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.066 / U:0.584 seconds]