    SubjectRe: more on AHA-2940UW vs. MSDOS file system
      Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 00:11:37 +0000 (GMT)
    From: Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>

    In my opinion, the damned firmware implementors who decide to return QUEUE
    FULL with ONE tagged command queued did not care about adapter and
    drivers problems.

    Agreed.

    In my opinion, a _normal_ scsi disk should allow a well known maximum of
    tagged command queued (16 is a quite good value) and should return QUEUE
    FULL only if one try to queue more commands.

    Agreed, except that I'd prefer to see higher queue depths supported.

    Regardless it conforms to scsi-2 or not, I consider that a disk with a
    2MB cache that returns QUEUE FULL for 1 queued command is stupidly BUGGY.

    Unfortunately, there are lots of SCSI devices out there that are "broken" in
    one way or another. Wherever possible, host adapter firmware or drivers must
    do their best to deal with the problems as best they can.

    Leonard

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.016 / U:31.868 seconds]