    SubjectRe: novice pest:win95 over linux?
    > >You can install Win95, which will politely write your boot sector,
    > >which then makes it necessary to boot from a Linux floppy and
    > >rerun LILO to fix it. Win95 will leave your other partitions alone,
    > >however so this should not be a problem.
    > >

    > It is not always true that Win95 leaves the disk untouched. In at
    > least one circumstance it can mess up the whole format info. I think
    > the fix is to ensure that your dos partition has it's first blocks
    > zeroed (seen the Linux+Win95 HOWTOs (both)) but even this didn't seem
    > to work for me.

    Well I was only speaking from experience and my experience is: the 5 or so
    times I've installed Win95 on the same hard drive with Linux, this
    was the method I used and it always worked. Mileage may vary, I guess.
    Take your chances and see.

    Melvin

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.035 / U:96.596 seconds]