SubjectRe: Disk Mirroring
On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, John_Wier wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there is a way of mirroring disks in Linux? We use
> this approach at work to give our system online redundance so if a disk
> starts to go bad, we break the mirror and take the offending disk/partitions
> off line until the repair/replacement is done. Since all data is
> duplicated on the mirror device, the user has no idea that a disk failure
> has occured.

The only possibility is to use DPT RAID controllers at the moment.
They do RAID 0/1/5 and will automatically rebuild when the defective drive
is replaced.

Check out http://www.dpt.com

Mike

Michael Neuffer i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net 14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.677.2900 Beaverton, OR 97008

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.052 / U:0.060 seconds]