SubjectRe: Problems with
   Date: 	Tue, 06 Aug 1996 19:42:55 -0400
From: "Darrin R. Smith" <drsmith@eznet.net>

I am having some trouble with a custom serial port setup on
my machine. Specifically, I have a mouse on cua0(com1), modem on
cua1(com2), and a Sparc IPC connected to cua3(com4) for use as the
console. The setup is as follows:

TTY Port IRQ UART
cua0 0x3f8 4 16550A
cua1 0x2f8 3 16550A
cua3 0x2e8 5 16550A

The problem is that new characters arriving on cua3 are not
generating any interrupts as can be seen in /proc/interrupts:

I have been setting the parameters on this port using setserial
for quite a while and I can't seem to get it to work. I also recompiled
minicom suspecting that something might have broke between 1.2.13 and
now, but it didn't have any effect.

It sounds like you didn't set the dip switch settings on your COM4 board
to actually use IRQ 5. You realize that you have to change more than
just the settiongs in rc.serial and setserial, right? You actually have
to configure the hardware to use IRQ 5.....

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.080 / U:1.692 seconds]