SubjectRe: Linux-Sparc ext2 compatibility?
Date

"Theodore Y. Ts'o" writes:
>Oh, good. I thought RedHat was about to start shipping a Sparc
>distribution based on the 2.0 kernel sources with little or no changes,
>and therefore assumed the worst. :-)

We are keeping up with the sparc snapshots -- there's no other way
it would really work at the moment.

>E2fsprogs 1.04 is currently using the old (wrong) set_bit(). My current
>development sources for e2fsprogs 1.05 has the use of set_bit()
>dependent on a configure --enable-std-bitops option.
>
>It sounds like I can change things for e2fsprogs 1.05 so that it simply
>always uses the standard set_bit() implementation. Is this correct?

I'm a little confused, but that's probably because I'm not actually a
sparclinux hacker at the moment, nor have I dug into the e2fsprogs
source...

In our version of e2fsprogs-1.04, we (read: someone else here at
Red Hat, and I haven't asked who) have added a patch (which was
probably written by someone else on the sparclinux team). I'll mail
you a copy separately in case you haven't seen it yet. You can see
what the patch does, and it will probably say far more to you than
any amount of blathering from me...

michaelkjohnson

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.077 / U:1.336 seconds]