SubjectLinux Kernel / C++
Is it feasible to have the kernel compile just as cleanly if the compiler
is set to g++ instead of gcc? My guess is it can be done but it would take
an enourmous amount of changes to do it, and to have it compile cleanly.

Has anyone considered moving the kernel on to C++? I'm not saying using
objects and streams and all, that would require a complete rewrite of the
kernel and probably end up really slow anyway.. I just think it would be
useful to have stronger typecasting and the other features that g++
offers, and to have it made _available_ for use in a module or whatnot.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.051 / U:0.896 seconds]