    SubjectRe: Cloning
    Linus Torvalds writes:

    > On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Kevin M Bealer wrote:
    > >
    > > I wrote a small program to test the clone() thing. (BTW the
    > > manpage I have doesn't have any of the right names for
    > > constants, etc.) It won't link ... I assume that I need to
    > > recompile libc to include support for clone, but I am looking at
    > > the source, and I don't see any switches. There does seem to be
    > > a clone defined, but only in the asm-ppc directory ... This is
    > > with libc-5.2.18.

    > I'd suggest people also take a look at the (beta) pthreads library that
    > somebody wrote on top of clone() (the announcement is probably still in
    > comp.os.linux.announce if you have a reasonable news spool). That is
    > probably actually useful, unlike my minimal example.
    >
    > Linus

    Xavier Leroy is the author of the threads lib atop of clone, you can
    find the sources at http://pauillac.inria.fr/~xleroy/linuxthreads/

    --
    Philippe Strauss, CH-1092 Belmont
    Email: philippe.strauss@urbanet.ch

    ******* Caution! don't use reply without changing "root@whatever" to
    ******* "philippe.strauss@urbanet.ch" in my email addr. (sendmail
    ******* userdb not yet well configured ;*)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:3.821 / U:1.800 seconds]