    SubjectRe: This mailing list is being filtered for email addresses.
    Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:
    > Well I got one about dieting (I said something about making fat binaries
    > that diet when they knew there host systems architecure), and then got an
    > email about dieting (a just send $xxx to this address, and we'll send you
    > instructions on dieting with out dieting ....).
    > Well it was via the usenet gateway, so short of killing the gateway for a
    > while, there's not much the list management can do ....
    > Anyone else getting larger than normal amounts of junk email ? (I've had
    > about 15 from 2 acounts in the last 2 months, from none in the last year

    I got maybe 5 mails... but some even before I subscribed to linux-kernel.
    I'm on linux-net and linux-scsi since a long time, and never thought it
    could come from there.

    I even got an advertising for a "NEW BULK EMAIL PROGRAM!" which
    "MADE EASY FOR "ANYONE" TO LOAD & USE!". I'll give their email to
    anyone who want to "do something"... I also have their smail address.

    While we are on the way, *NEVER* subscribe to

    CTR Computer Technology Research Corp.
    6N. Atlantic Wharf
    Charleston, SC 29401-2115 USA

    They send me 1-2 (paper) mails a week advertising books in the $300 range.
    I already sent email to them telling them to stop it, but they didn't...
    although they answered. As I'm not in the US, I can't do more than "REFUSE"
    every letter they send me...

    // Alexandre Maret -- Linux : The choice of a GNU generation //
    \\ -- \\

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.018 / U:122.688 seconds]